Synonyms for mask
- 1. mask, covering, disguise
- usage: a covering to disguise or conceal the face
- 2. mask, concealment, concealing, hiding
- usage: activity that tries to conceal something; "no mask could conceal his ignorance"; "they moved in under a mask of friendship"
- 3. masquerade, masquerade party, masque, mask, party
- usage: a party of guests wearing costumes and masks
- 4. mask, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering worn over the face
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dissemble, cloak, mask, disguise, mask
- usage: hide under a false appearance; "He masked his disappointment"
- 2. mask, cover
- usage: put a mask on or cover with a mask; "Mask the children for Halloween"
- 3. disguise, mask, hide, conceal
- usage: make unrecognizable; "The herb masks the garlic taste"; "We disguised our faces before robbing the bank"
- 4. mask, cover
- usage: cover with a sauce; "mask the meat"
- 5. mask, block out, cover
- usage: shield from light
See also: mask (Dictionary)