Synonyms for mediate
- 1. intercede, mediate, intermediate, liaise, arbitrate, negociate, negotiate, talk terms
- usage: act between parties with a view to reconciling differences; "He interceded in the family dispute"; "He mediated a settlement"
- 2. mediate, lie
- usage: occupy an intermediate or middle position or form a connecting link or stage between two others; "mediate between the old and the new"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. mediate (vs. immediate), indirect, mediated
- usage: acting through or dependent on an intervening agency; "the disease spread by mediate as well as direct contact"
- 2. in-between, mediate, middle, intermediate (vs. terminal)
- usage: being neither at the beginning nor at the end in a series; "adolescence is an awkward in-between age"; "in a mediate position"; "the middle point on a line"