Synonyms for medulla
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. myelin, myeline, medulla, fat
- usage: a white fatty substance that forms a medullary sheath around the axis cylinder of some nerve fibers
- 2. medulla oblongata, medulla, bulb, neural structure
- usage: lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata); "the medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning"
- 3. medulla, animal tissue, plant tissue
- usage: the inner part of an organ or structure in plant or animal