Synonyms for melted
- 1. melt, run, melt down, dissolve, resolve, break up
- usage: reduce or cause to be reduced from a solid to a liquid state, usually by heating; "melt butter"; "melt down gold"; "The wax melted in the sun"
- 2. dissolve, thaw, unfreeze, unthaw, dethaw, melt, liquefy, flux, liquify
- usage: become or cause to become soft or liquid; "The sun melted the ice"; "the ice thawed"; "the ice cream melted"; "The heat melted the wax"; "The giant iceberg dissolved over the years during the global warming phase"; "dethaw the meat"
- 3. mellow, melt, mellow out, change
- usage: become more relaxed, easygoing, or genial; "With age, he mellowed"
- 4. melt, meld, blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge
- usage: lose its distinct outline or shape; blend gradually; "Hundreds of actors were melting into the scene"
- 5. fade, melt, weaken
- usage: become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly; "The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
- 6. melt, disappear, evaporate, weaken
- usage: become less intense and fade away gradually; "her resistance melted under his charm"; "her hopes evaporated after years of waiting for her fiance"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. melted (vs. unmelted), liquid, liquified, dissolved, fusible, molten, liquefied, liquified, thawed, unfrozen
- usage: changed from a solid to a liquid state; "rivers filled to overflowing by melted snow"