Synonyms for migration
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. migration, motion, movement, move
- usage: the movement of persons from one country or locality to another
- 2. migration, people
- usage: a group of people migrating together (especially in some given time period)
- 3. migration, event
- usage: (chemistry) the nonrandom movement of an atom or radical from one place to another within a molecule
- 4. migration, periodic event, recurrent event
- usage: the periodic passage of groups of animals (especially birds or fishes) from one region to another for feeding or breeding