Synonyms for mime
- 1. mime, mimer, mummer, pantomimer, pantomimist, actor, histrion, player, thespian, role player
- usage: an actor who communicates entirely by gesture and facial expression
- 2. mime, pantomime, dumb show, acting, playing, playacting, performing
- usage: a performance using gestures and body movements without words
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. mimic, mime, imitate, copy, simulate
- usage: imitate (a person, a manner, etc.), especially for satirical effect; "The actor mimicked the President very accurately"
- 2. mime, pantomime, act, play, roleplay, playact
- usage: act out without words but with gestures and bodily movements only; "The acting students mimed eating an apple"
See also: mime (Dictionary)