Synonyms for mint
- 1. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- 2. mint, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any north temperate plant of the genus Mentha with aromatic leaves and small mauve flowers
- 3. mint, Labiatae, family Labiatae, Lamiaceae, family Lamiaceae, mint family
- usage: any member of the mint family of plants
- 4. mint, herb
- usage: the leaves of a mint plant used fresh or candied
- 5. mint, mint candy, candy, confect
- usage: a candy that is flavored with a mint oil
- 6. mint, plant, works, industrial plant
- usage: a plant where money is coined by authority of the government
- 1. mint, coin, strike, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: form by stamping, punching, or printing; "strike coins"; "strike a medal"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. mint(prenominal), perfect (vs. imperfect)
- usage: as if new; "in mint condition"
See also: mint (Dictionary)