Synonyms for mired
- 1. entangle, mire, involve
- usage: entrap; "Our people should not be mired in the past"
- 2. mire, bog down
- usage: cause to get stuck as if in a mire; "The mud mired our cart"
- 3. grind to a halt, get stuck, bog down, mire, stand still
- usage: be unable to move further; "The car bogged down in the sand"
- 4. mire, muck, mud, muck up, dirty, soil, begrime, grime, colly, bemire
- usage: soil with mud, muck, or mire; "The child mucked up his shirt while playing ball in the garden"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. involved, mired, encumbered (vs. unencumbered)
- usage: entangled or hindered as if e.g. in mire; "the difficulties in which the question is involved"; "brilliant leadership mired in details and confusion"