Synonyms for mitigation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. extenuation, mitigation, palliation, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: to act in such a way as to cause an offense to seem less serious
- 2. extenuation, mitigation, excuse, alibi, exculpation, self-justification
- usage: a partial excuse to mitigate censure; an attempt to represent an offense as less serious than it appears by showing mitigating circumstances
- 3. moderation, mitigation, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: the action of lessening in severity or intensity; "the object being control or moderation of economic depressions"