Synonyms for mocking
- 1. mock, bemock, treat, handle, do by
- usage: treat with contempt; "The new constitution mocks all democratic principles"
- 2. mock, imitate, copy, simulate
- usage: imitate with mockery and derision; "The children mocked their handicapped classmate"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. derisive, gibelike, jeering, mocking, taunting, disrespectful (vs. respectful)
- usage: abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule; "derisive laughter"; "a jeering crowd"; "her mocking smile"; "taunting shouts of `coward' and `sissy'"
- 2. mocking, teasing, quizzical, playful (vs. unplayful)
- usage: playfully vexing (especially by ridicule); "his face wore a somewhat quizzical almost impertinent air"- Lawrence Durrell