Synonyms for model
- 1. model, theoretical account, framework, hypothesis, possibility, theory
- usage: a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process; "the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems"
- 2. model, kind, sort, form, variety
- usage: a type of product; "his car was an old model"
- 3. model, poser, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: a person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor; "the president didn't have time to be a model so the artist worked from photos"
- 4. model, simulation, representation
- usage: representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale)
- 5. exemplar, example, model, good example, ideal
- usage: something to be imitated; "an exemplar of success"; "a model of clarity"; "he is the very model of a modern major general"
- 6. model, role model, leader
- usage: someone worthy of imitation; "every child needs a role model"
- 7. model, example, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: a representative form or pattern; "I profited from his example"
- 8. mannequin, manikin, mannikin, manakin, fashion model, model, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: a woman who wears clothes to display fashions; "she was too fat to be a mannequin"
- 9. model, modelling, modeling, representation
- usage: the act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale)
- 1. model, pattern, imitate, copy, simulate
- usage: plan or create according to a model or models
- 2. model, mold, mould, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form in clay, wax, etc; "model a head with clay"
- 3. model, pose, sit, posture, expose, exhibit, display
- usage: assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
- 4. model, expose, exhibit, display
- usage: display (clothes) as a mannequin; "model the latest fashion"
- 5. model, simulate, re-create
- usage: create a representation or model of; "The pilots are trained in conditions simulating high-altitude flights"
- 6. model, mock up, represent, interpret
- usage: construct a model of; "model an airplane"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. exemplary, model(prenominal), worthy (vs. unworthy)
- usage: worthy of imitation; "exemplary behavior"; "model citizens"
See also: model (Dictionary)