Synonyms for modulation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. transition, modulation, passage, musical passage
- usage: a musical passage moving from one key to another
- 2. modulation, transmission
- usage: (electronics) the transmission of a signal by using it to vary a carrier wave; changing the carrier's amplitude or frequency or phase
- 3. intonation, modulation, pitch contour, prosody, inflection
- usage: rise and fall of the voice pitch
- 4. modulation, inflection, manner of speaking, speech, delivery
- usage: a manner of speaking in which the loudness or pitch or tone of the voice is modified
- 5. modulation, revision, alteration
- usage: the act of modifying or adjusting according to due measure and proportion (as with regard to artistic effect)