Synonyms for mold
- 1. cast, mold, mould, stamp, solid
- usage: the distinctive form in which a thing is made; "pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
- 2. mold, mould, cast, container
- usage: container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
- 3. mold, mould, soil, dirt
- usage: loose soil rich in organic matter
- 4. mildew, mold, mould, spoilage, spoiling
- usage: the process of becoming mildewed
- 5. mold, mould, fungus
- usage: a fungus that produces a superficial growth on various kinds of damp or decaying organic matter
- 6. mold, mould, dish, dessert, sweet, afters
- usage: a dish or dessert that is formed in or on a mold; "a lobster mold"; "a gelatin dessert made in a mold"
- 7. mold, mould, hallmark, trademark, earmark, stylemark
- usage: a distinctive nature, character, or type; "a leader in the mold of her predecessors"
- 8. mold, mould, molding, moulding, modeling, clay sculpture, sculpture
- usage: sculpture produced by molding
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. model, mold, mould, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form in clay, wax, etc; "model a head with clay"
- 2. mold, mildew, change
- usage: become moldy; spoil due to humidity; "The furniture molded in the old house"
- 3. cast, mold, mould, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold; "cast a bronze sculpture"
- 4. shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- 5. mold, cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere
- usage: fit tightly, follow the contours of; "The dress molds her beautiful figure"
- 6. determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate, cause, do, make
- usage: shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
See also: mold (Dictionary)