Synonyms for most
- 1. most(prenominal) (vs. fewest)
- usage: (superlative of `many' used with count nouns and often preceded by `the') quantifier meaning the greatest in number; "who has the most apples?"; "most people like eggs"; "most fishes have fins"
- 2. most(prenominal) (vs. least)
- usage: the superlative of `much' that can be used with mass nouns and is usually preceded by `the'; a quantifier meaning the greatest in amount or extent or degree; "made the most money he could"; "what attracts the most attention?"; "made the most of a bad deal"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. most, to the highest degree
- usage: used to form the superlative; "the king cobra is the most dangerous snake"
- 2. most
- usage: very; "a most welcome relief"
- 3. about, almost, most, nearly, near, nigh, virtually, well-nigh
- usage: (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but; "the job is (just) about done"; "the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded"; "we're almost finished"; "the car all but ran her down"; "he nearly fainted"; "talked for nigh onto 2 hours"; "the recording is well-nigh perfect"; "virtually all the parties signed the contract"; "I was near exhausted by the run"; "most everyone agrees"
See also: most (Dictionary)