Synonyms for motivating
- 1. motivation, motivating, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of motivating; providing incentive
- 1. motivate, actuate, propel, move, prompt, incite, cause, do, make
- usage: give an incentive for action; "This moved me to sacrifice my career"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. motivative(prenominal), motive(prenominal), motivating, causative (vs. noncausative)
- usage: impelling to action; "it may well be that ethical language has primarily a motivative function"- Arthur Pap; "motive pleas"; "motivating arguments"