Synonyms for multiplication
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. generation, multiplication, propagation, reproduction, procreation, breeding, facts of life
- usage: the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production
- 2. multiplication, increase, increment, growth
- usage: a multiplicative increase; "repeated copying leads to a multiplication of errors"; "this multiplication of cells is a natural correlate of growth"
- 3. multiplication, times, arithmetic operation
- usage: an arithmetic operation that is the inverse of division; the product of two numbers is computed; "the multiplication of four by three gives twelve"; "four times three equals twelve"