Synonyms for objective
- 1. aim, object, objective, target, goal, end
- usage: the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- 2. objective, objective lens, object lens, object glass, lens, lense, lens system
- usage: the lens or system of lenses in a telescope or microscope that is nearest the object being viewed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. objective (vs. subjective), nonsubjective, clinical, impersonal, neutral, verifiable
- usage: undistorted by emotion or personal bias; based on observable phenomena; "an objective appraisal"; "objective evidence"
- 2. objective, accusative
- usage: serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes; "objective case"; "accusative endings"
- 3. objective, documentary, real (vs. unreal), existent
- usage: emphasizing or expressing things as perceived without distortion of personal feelings, insertion of fictional matter, or interpretation; "objective art"
- 4. objective, concrete (vs. abstract)
- usage: belonging to immediate experience of actual things or events; "objective benefits"; "an objective example"; "there is no objective evidence of anything of the kind"