Synonyms for obstructed
- 1. obstruct, blockade, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
- 2. obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up, impede, hinder
- usage: block passage through; "obstruct the path"
- 3. obstruct, block, hide, conceal
- usage: shut out from view or get in the way so as to hide from sight; "The thick curtain blocked the action on the stage"; "The trees obstruct my view of the mountains"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. obstructed (vs. unobstructed), barricaded, barred, blockaded, blocked, plugged, choked, clogged, deadlocked, stalemated, impeded, occluded, stopped, stopped-up(prenominal), stopped up(predicate), stuffy, thrombosed, closed
- usage: shut off to passage or view or hindered from action; "a partially obstructed passageway"; "an obstructed view"; "justice obstructed is not justice"