Synonyms for octet
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. eight, 8, VIII, eighter, eighter from Decatur, octad, ogdoad, octonary, octet, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
- 2. octet, octette, musical organization, musical organisation, musical group
- usage: eight performers or singers who perform together
- 3. octet, octette, set
- usage: a set of eight similar things considered as a unit
- 4. octet, octette, eightsome, gathering, assemblage
- usage: eight people considered as a unit
- 5. octet, octette, musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
- usage: a musical composition written for eight performers
See also: octet (Dictionary)