Synonyms for organisation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation, body
- usage: the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
- 2. organization, organisation, social group
- usage: a group of people who work together
- 3. arrangement, organization, organisation, system, structure
- usage: an organized structure for arranging or classifying; "he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification"
- 4. organization, organisation, system, orderliness, methodicalness
- usage: an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; "his compulsive organization was not an endearing quality"; "we can't do it unless we establish some system around here"
- 5. organization, organisation, administration, disposal
- usage: the act of organizing a business or an activity related to a business; "he was brought in to supervise the organization of a new department"
- 6. organization, organisation, activity
- usage: the activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically; "his organization of the work force was very efficient"
- 7. constitution, establishment, formation, organization, organisation, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: the act of forming or establishing something; "the constitution of a PTA group last year"; "it was the establishment of his reputation"; "he still remembers the organization of the club"