Synonyms for outwardness
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. outwardness, cognitive state, state of mind
- usage: concern with outward things or material objects as opposed to the mind and spirit; "what is the origin of the outwardness of our sensations of sound, smell, or taste"; "an abstract conception with feelings of reality and spatial outwardness attached to it"
- 2. outwardness, externality, position, spatial relation
- usage: the quality or state of being outside or directed toward or relating to the outside or exterior; "the outwardness of the world"
- 3. outwardness, extraversion, extroversion
- usage: a concern with or responsiveness to outward things (especially material objects as opposed to ideal concepts); "hearty showmanship and all-round outwardness"