Synonyms for overbid
- 1. overbid, bid, tender
- usage: a bid that is higher than preceding bids
- 2. overbid, overcall, bid, bidding
- usage: (bridge) a bid that is higher than your opponent's bid (especially when your partner has not bid at all and your bid exceeds the value of your hand)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. overbid, bid, call
- usage: to bid for more tricks than one can expect to win,
- 2. overbid, offer, bid, tender
- usage: bid more than the object is worth