Synonyms for overreaching
- 1. overreach, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: fail by aiming too high or trying too hard
- 2. outwit, overreach, outsmart, outfox, beat, circumvent, surpass, outstrip, outmatch, outgo, exceed, outdo, surmount, outperform
- usage: beat through cleverness and wit; "I beat the traffic"; "She outfoxed her competitors"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. overreaching, vaulting, bold (vs. timid)
- usage: revealing excessive self-confidence; reaching for the heights; "vaulting ambition"