Synonyms for oyster
- 1. oyster, bivalve, pelecypod, lamellibranch
- usage: marine mollusks having a rough irregular shell; found on the sea bed mostly in coastal waters
- 2. huitre, oyster, shellfish
- usage: edible body of any of numerous oysters
- 3. oyster, helping, portion, serving
- usage: a small muscle on each side of the back of a fowl
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. oyster, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather oysters, dig oysters