Synonyms for paddle
- 1. paddle, bat
- usage: small wooden bat with a flat surface; used for hitting balls in various games
- 2. paddle, blade, vane
- usage: a blade of a paddle wheel or water wheel
- 3. paddle, instrument of punishment
- usage: an instrument of punishment consisting of a flat board
- 4. paddle, boat paddle, oar
- usage: a short light oar used without an oarlock to propel a canoe or small boat
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. paddle, boat
- usage: propel with a paddle; "paddle your own canoe"
- 2. dabble, paddle, splash around, play
- usage: play in or as if in water, as of small children
- 3. paddle, swim
- usage: swim like a dog in shallow water
- 4. toddle, coggle, totter, dodder, paddle, waddle, walk
- usage: walk unsteadily; "small children toddle"
- 5. spank, paddle, larrup, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: give a spanking to; subject to a spanking
- 6. paddle, stir
- usage: stir with a paddle