Synonyms for pen
- 1. pen, writing implement
- usage: a writing implement with a point from which ink flows
- 2. pen, enclosure
- usage: an enclosure for confining livestock
- 3. playpen, pen, enclosure
- usage: a portable enclosure in which babies may be left to play
- 4. penitentiary, pen, correctional institution
- usage: a correctional institution for those convicted of major crimes
- 5. pen, swan
- usage: female swan
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. write, compose, pen, indite, create verbally
- usage: produce a literary work; "She composed a poem"; "He wrote four novels"
See also: pen (Dictionary)