Synonyms for plausible
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. plausible (vs. implausible), arguable, glib, pat, slick, credible#1, believable
- usage: apparently reasonable and valid
- 2. probable (vs. improbable), likely, plausible, presumed(prenominal), presumptive, verisimilar, equiprobable
- usage: likely but not certain to be or become true or real; "a likely result"; "he foresaw a probable loss"
- 3. likely, plausible, credible (vs. incredible), believable
- usage: within the realm of credibility; "not a very likely excuse"; "a plausible story"
- 4. credible, plausible, convincing (vs. unconvincing)
- usage: appearing to merit belief or acceptance; "a credible witness"; "a plausible story"