Synonyms for plundering
- 1. plundering, pillage, pillaging, aggression, hostility
- usage: the act of stealing valuable things from a place; "the plundering of the Parthenon"; "his plundering of the great authors"
- 1. loot, plunder, steal
- usage: take illegally; of intellectual property; "This writer plundered from famous authors"
- 2. sack, plunder, take
- usage: plunder (a town) after capture; "the barbarians sacked Rome"
- 3. plunder, despoil, loot, reave, strip, rifle, ransack, pillage, foray, take
- usage: steal goods; take as spoils; "During the earthquake people looted the stores that were deserted by their owners"
- 4. rape, spoil, despoil, violate, plunder, destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy and strip of its possession; "The soldiers raped the beautiful country"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. plundering, acquisitive (vs. unacquisitive)
- usage: given to taking by force what is desired