Synonyms for plunger
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. speculator, plunger, adventurer, venturer, gambler
- usage: someone who risks losses for the possibility of considerable gains
- 2. diver, plunger, swimmer
- usage: someone who dives (into water)
- 3. plunger, plumber's helper, hand tool
- usage: hand tool consisting of a stick with a rubber suction cup at one end; used to clean clogged drains
- 4. piston, plunger, mechanical device
- usage: mechanical device that has a plunging or thrusting motion