Synonyms for plunk
- 1. plunk, sound
- usage: a hollow twanging sound
- 2. plunk, plunker, hit, hitting, striking
- usage: (baseball) hitting a baseball so that it drops suddenly
- 1. clop, clump, clunk, plunk, sound, go
- usage: make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
- 2. plank, flump, plonk, plop, plunk, plump down, plunk down, plump, set down, put down, place down
- usage: set (something or oneself) down with or as if with a noise; "He planked the money on the table"; "He planked himself into the sofa"
- 3. dive, plunge, plunk, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: drop steeply; "the stock market plunged"
- 4. pluck, plunk, pick, pull, draw, force
- usage: pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion; "he plucked the strings of his mandolin"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. plop, plunk
- usage: with a short hollow thud; "plop came the ball down to the corner of the green"
See also: plunk (Dictionary)