Synonyms for point-blank
- 1. blunt, candid, forthright, frank, free-spoken, outspoken, plainspoken, point-blank, straight-from-the-shoulder, direct (vs. indirect)
- usage: characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer"; "I gave them my candid opinion"; "forthright criticism"; "a forthright approach to the problem"; "tell me what you think--and you may just as well be frank"; "it is possible to be outspoken without being rude"; "plainspoken and to the point"; "a point-blank accusation"
- 2. point-blank, direct (vs. indirect)
- usage: close enough to go straight to the target; "point-blank range"; "a point-blank shot"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. point-blank
- usage: in a direct and unequivocal manner; "I asked him point-blank whether he wanted the job"