Synonyms for policy
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. policy, plan of action
- usage: a plan of action adopted by an individual or social group; "it was a policy of retribution"; "a politician keeps changing his policies"
- 2. policy, argumentation, logical argument, argument, line of reasoning, line
- usage: a line of argument rationalizing the course of action of a government; "they debated the policy or impolicy of the proposed legislation"
- 3. policy, insurance policy, insurance, contract
- usage: written contract or certificate of insurance; "you should have read the small print on your policy"