Synonyms for polishing
- 1. shining, polishing, work
- usage: the work of making something smooth and shiny by rubbing or waxing it; "the shining of shoes provided a meager living"; "every Sunday he gave his car a good polishing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. polish, smooth, smoothen, shine, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: make (a surface) shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
- 2. polish, refine, fine-tune, down, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: improve or perfect by pruning or polishing; "refine one's style of writing"
- 3. polish, round, round off, polish up, brush up, perfect, hone
- usage: bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state; "polish your social manners"