Synonyms for poll
- 1. poll, opinion poll, public opinion poll, canvass, inquiry, enquiry, research
- usage: an inquiry into public opinion conducted by interviewing a random sample of people
- 2. pate, poll, crown, top, top side, upper side, upside
- usage: the top of the head
- 3. poll, top, top side, upper side, upside
- usage: the part of the head between the ears
- 4. poll, poll parrot, parrot
- usage: a tame parrot
- 5. poll, count, counting, numeration, enumeration, reckoning, tally
- usage: the counting of votes (as in an election)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. poll, canvass, canvas, survey
- usage: get the opinions (of people) by asking specific questions
- 2. poll, vote
- usage: vote in an election at a polling station
- 3. poll, get, acquire
- usage: get the votes of
- 4. poll, pollard, snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back
- usage: convert into a pollard; "pollard trees"
See also: poll (Dictionary)