Synonyms for portrayal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. portrayal, portraiture, portrait, word picture, word-painting, delineation, depiction, picture, characterization, characterisation
- usage: a word picture of a person's appearance and character
- 2. portrayal, characterization, enactment, personation, acting, playing, playacting, performing
- usage: acting the part of a character on stage; dramatically representing the character by speech and action and gesture
- 3. depicting, depiction, portraying, portrayal, representational process
- usage: a representation by picture or portraiture
- 4. portrait, portrayal, likeness, semblance
- usage: any likeness of a person, in any medium; "the photographer made excellent portraits"
- 5. depiction, delineation, portrayal, pictorial representation, picturing
- usage: representation by drawing or painting etc