Synonyms for posit
- 1. postulate, posit, proposition
- usage: (logic) a proposition that is accepted as true in order to provide a basis for logical reasoning
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. situate, fix, posit, deposit, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put (something somewhere) firmly; "She posited her hand on his shoulder"; "deposit the suitcase on the bench"; "fix your eyes on this spot"
- 2. submit, state, put forward, posit, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: put before; "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
- 3. postulate, posit, presuppose, suppose
- usage: take as a given; assume as a postulate or axiom; "He posited three basic laws of nature"
See also: posit (Dictionary)