Synonyms for possible
- 1. possible, possibility, possible action, opening
- usage: something that can be done; "politics is the art of the possible"
- 2. possible, applicant, applier
- usage: an applicant who might be suitable
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. possible (vs. impossible), accomplishable, achievable, doable, manageable, realizable, affirmable, assertable, attainable, come-at-able, contingent, feasible, executable, practicable, viable, workable, mathematical, likely, practical, realistic, thinkable
- usage: capable of happening or existing; "a breakthrough may be possible next year"; "anything is possible"; "warned of possible consequences"
- 2. potential (vs. actual), possible, latent
- usage: existing in possibility; "a potential problem"; "possible uses of nuclear power"