Synonyms for potent
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. potent, powerful, influential (vs. uninfluential)
- usage: having great influence
- 2. potent, strong, powerful (vs. powerless)
- usage: having or wielding force or authority; "providing the ground soldier with increasingly potent weapons"
- 3. potent (vs. impotent), strong, stiff, equipotent, multipotent, effective#1, effectual#1, efficacious, fertile, powerful
- usage: having a strong physiological or chemical effect; "a potent toxin"; "potent liquor"; "a potent cup of tea", "a stiff drink"
- 4. potent (vs. impotent), virile
- usage: (of a male) capable of copulation