Synonyms for pour
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. pour, move, displace
- usage: cause to run; "pour water over the floor"
- 2. pour, swarm, stream, teem, pullulate, crowd, crowd together
- usage: move in large numbers; "people were pouring out of the theater"; "beggars pullulated in the plaza"
- 3. decant, pour, pour out, pour
- usage: pour out; "the sommelier decanted the wines"
- 4. pour, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: flow in a spurt; "Water poured all over the floor"
- 5. pour, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply in large amounts or quantities; "We poured money into the education of our children"
- 6. pour, pelt, stream, rain cats and dogs, rain buckets, rain, rain down
- usage: rain heavily; "Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!"
See also: pour (Dictionary)