Synonyms for prayer
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. prayer, supplication, worship
- usage: the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving); "the priest sank to his knees in prayer"
- 2. prayer, petition, orison, request, asking
- usage: reverent petition to a deity
- 3. entreaty, prayer, appeal, request, asking
- usage: earnest or urgent request; "an entreaty to stop the fighting"; "an appeal for help"; "an appeal to the public to keep calm"
- 4. prayer, sacred text, sacred writing, religious writing, religious text
- usage: a fixed text used in praying
- 5. prayer, supplicant, religious person
- usage: someone who prays to God