Synonyms for preference
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. preference, penchant, predilection, taste, liking
- usage: a strong liking; "my own preference is for good literature"; "the Irish have a penchant for blarney"
- 2. predilection, preference, orientation, predisposition
- usage: a predisposition in favor of something; "a predilection for expensive cars"; "his sexual preferences"; "showed a Marxist orientation"
- 3. preference, druthers, option, alternative, choice
- usage: the right or chance to choose; "given my druthers, I'd eat cake"
- 4. preference, advantage, vantage
- usage: grant of favor or advantage to one over another (especially to a country or countries in matters of international trade, such as levying duties)