Synonyms for preserved
- 1. continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve, keep, maintain, hold
- usage: keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last; "preserve the peace in the family"; "continue the family tradition"; "Carry on the old traditions"
- 2. conserve, preserve, maintain, keep up, keep
- usage: keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction; "We preserve these archeological findings"; "The old lady could not keep up the building"; "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage"; "The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts"
- 3. save, preserve, keep, hold on
- usage: to keep up and reserve for personal or special use; "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
- 4. preserve, keep, cook, fix, ready, make, prepare
- usage: prevent (food) from rotting; "preserved meats"; "keep potatoes fresh"
- 5. keep, preserve, protect
- usage: maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger; "May God keep you"
- 6. preserve, keep, maintain, hold
- usage: keep undisturbed for personal or private use for hunting, shooting, or fishing; "preserve the forest and the lakes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. preserved (vs. fresh), aged, cured, candied, crystalized, crystalised, glace, canned, tinned, corned, cured, cured, dried, dehydrated, desiccated, flash-frozen, quick-frozen, frozen, freeze-dried, lyophilized, lyophilised, freeze-dried, pickled, potted, salted, salt-cured, brine-cured, smoked, smoke-cured, smoke-dried, sun-dried, sundried
- usage: prevented from decaying or spoiling and prepared for future use
- 2. preserved (vs. destroyed), conserved, kept up(predicate), maintained, well-kept, preservable, protected, saved, retained, maintained
- usage: kept intact or in a particular condition