Synonyms for presumption
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. given, presumption, precondition, assumption, supposition, supposal
- usage: an assumption that is taken for granted
- 2. presumption, inference, illation
- usage: (law) an inference of the truth of a fact from other facts proved or admitted or judicially noticed
- 3. presumption, presumptuousness, effrontery, assumption, audacity, audaciousness
- usage: audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to; "he despised them for their presumptuousness"
- 4. presumption, discourtesy, offense, offence, offensive activity
- usage: a kind of discourtesy in the form of an act of presuming; "his presumption was intolerable"