Synonyms for prey
- 1. prey, quarry, target, fair game, victim
- usage: a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence; "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
- 2. prey, quarry, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: animal hunted or caught for food
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. prey, feed, exploit, work
- usage: profit from in an exploitatory manner; "He feeds on her insecurity"
- 2. raven, prey, predate, forage
- usage: prey on or hunt for; "These mammals predate certain eggs"
See also: prey (Dictionary)