Synonyms for probation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. probation, trial period, test period
- usage: a trial period during which your character and abilities are tested to see whether you are suitable for work or for membership
- 2. probation, trial period, test period
- usage: a trial period during which an offender has time to redeem himself or herself
- 3. probation, liberation, release, freeing
- usage: (law) a way of dealing with offenders without imprisoning them; a defendant found guilty of a crime is released by the court without imprisonment subject to conditions imposed by the court; "probation is part of the sentencing process"