Synonyms for produce
- 1. produce, green goods, green groceries, garden truck, food
- usage: fresh fruits and vegetable grown for the market
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. produce, bring forth, make, create
- usage: bring forth or yield; "The tree would not produce fruit"
- 2. produce, make, create
- usage: create or manufacture a man-made product; "We produce more cars than we can sell"; "The company has been making toys for two centuries"
- 3. produce, bring about, give rise, make, create
- usage: cause to occur or exist; "This procedure produces a curious effect"; "The new law gave rise to many complaints"; "These chemicals produce a noxious vapor"
- 4. produce, bring forth, expose, exhibit, display
- usage: bring out for display; "The proud father produced many pictures of his baby"; "The accused brought forth a letter in court that he claims exonerates him"
- 5. produce, bring on, bring out
- usage: bring onto the market or release; "produce a movie"; "bring out a book"; "produce a new play"
- 6. grow, raise, farm, produce, cultivate
- usage: cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques; "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"; "They produce good ham in Parma"; "We grow wheat here"; "We raise hogs here"
- 7. grow, develop, produce, get, acquire, change
- usage: come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes); "He grew a beard"; "The patient developed abdominal pains"; "I got funny spots all over my body"; "Well-developed breasts"