Synonyms for profaned
- 1. corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect, change, alter, modify
- usage: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- 2. desecrate, profane, outrage, violate, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: violate the sacred character of a place or language; "desecrate a cemetery"; "violate the sanctity of the church"; "profane the name of God"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. profaned, violated, desecrated (vs. consecrated)
- usage: treated irreverently or sacrilegiously