Synonyms for professional
- 1. professional, professional person, adult, grownup
- usage: a person engaged in one of the learned professions
- 2. professional, pro, athlete, jock
- usage: an athlete who plays for pay
- 3. master, professional, authority
- usage: an authority qualified to teach apprentices
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. professional (vs. nonprofessional), nonrecreational, paid, professed(prenominal)
- usage: engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood; "the professional man or woman possesses distinctive qualifications"; "began her professional career after the Olympics"; "professional theater"; "professional football"; "a professional cook"; "professional actors and athletes"
- 2. professional
- usage: of or relating to or suitable as a profession; "professional organizations"; "a professional field such as law"
- 3. professional (vs. unprofessional)
- usage: characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession; "professional conduct"; "professional ethics"; "a thoroughly professional performance"
- 4. professional
- usage: of or relating to a profession; "we need professional advice"; "professional training"; "professional equipment for his new office"
- 5. professional, white-collar (vs. blue-collar)
- usage: engaged in by members of a profession; "professional occupations include medicine and the law and teaching"