Synonyms for program
- 1. plan, program, programme, idea, thought
- usage: a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished; "they drew up a six-step plan"; "they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
- 2. program, programme, system, system of rules
- usage: a system of projects or services intended to meet a public need; "he proposed an elaborate program of public works"; "working mothers rely on the day care program"
- 3. broadcast, program, programme, show
- usage: a radio or television show; "did you see his program last night?"
- 4. platform, political platform, political program, program, document, written document, papers
- usage: a document stating the aims and principles of a political party; "their candidate simply ignored the party platform"; "they won the election even though they offered no positive program"
- 5. program, programme, announcement, promulgation
- usage: an announcement of the events that will occur as part of a theatrical or sporting event; "you can't tell the players without a program"
- 6. course of study, program, programme, curriculum, syllabus, information, info
- usage: an integrated course of academic studies; "he was admitted to a new program at the university"
- 7. program, programme, computer program, computer programme, software, software program, computer software, software system, software package, package
- usage: (computer science) a sequence of instructions that a computer can interpret and execute; "the program required several hundred lines of code"
- 8. program, programme, performance
- usage: a performance (or series of performances) at a public presentation; "the program lasted more than two hours"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. program, programme, schedule
- usage: arrange a program of or for; "program the 80th birthday party"
- 2. program, programme, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: write a computer program