Synonyms for project
- 1. undertaking, project, task, labor, work
- usage: any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted; "he prepared for great undertakings"
- 2. project, projection, plan, program, programme
- usage: a planned undertaking
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. project, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: communicate vividly; "He projected his feelings"
- 2. stick out, protrude, jut out, jut, project
- usage: extend out or project in space; "His sharp nose jutted out"; "A single rock sticks out from the cliff"
- 3. project, transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise
- usage: transfer (ideas or principles) from one domain into another
- 4. project, show
- usage: project on a screen; "The images are projected onto the screen"
- 5. project, cause to be perceived
- usage: cause to be heard; "His voice projects well"
- 6. project, draw
- usage: draw a projection of
- 7. plan, project, contrive, design, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: make or work out a plan for; devise; "They contrived to murder their boss"; "design a new sales strategy"; "plan an attack"
- 8. project, propose, plan
- usage: present for consideration, examination, criticism, etc.; "He proposed a new plan for dealing with terrorism"; "She proposed a new theory of relativity"
- 9. visualize, visualise, envision, project, fancy, see, figure, picture, image, imagine, conceive of, ideate, envisage
- usage: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- 10. project, cast, contrive, throw, send, direct
- usage: put or send forth; "She threw the flashlight beam into the corner"; "The setting sun threw long shadows"; "cast a spell"; "cast a warm light"
- 11. project, send off, propel, impel
- usage: throw, send, or cast forward; "project a missile"
- 12. project, externalize, externalise, impute, ascribe, assign, attribute
- usage: regard as objective